Service desk customers and delegated LDAP authentication

Gerhard Visagie June 15, 2015

I have set up our active directory with delegated LDAP authentication (first) and JIRA internal directory second. Then when a customer creates an account in a service desk, he cannot log in. I can see that the user is created, but they are not able to log in.

If I switch it around though, they are then able to log in.

My suspicion is that it is trying to authenticate against AD if its set up as the first auth method.

3 answers

0 votes
Gerhard Visagie June 16, 2015

OK, now things are becomming weird. 

This morning I could not log in. I had to do a password reset on JIRA, Then when I went to user directories to check on my LDAP setting and I no longer have the "Delegated LDAP AUthentication" option ? ? 

0 votes
CruzinUSA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015

Hi Gerhard,

I would take a look at the the file atlassian-jira.log and see if there are any AD issues that are appearing in the logs. The next thing I would do is try testing the AD connector and seeing if it successfully passes and when the last time it synced was.  You can find the atlassian-jira.log in your JIRA Home directory.

If all else fails, go ahead and create a support ticket with atlassian so they can take a look at the logs and see if anything pops up.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Are those customers creating user ids that already exists in AD? If so, it will try to authenticate using the AD credentials.

Gerhard Visagie June 15, 2015

No. Even if you use details that are not in AD it behaves the same way.

Suggest an answer