Service desk customers and delegated LDAP authentication

I have set up our active directory with delegated LDAP authentication (first) and JIRA internal directory second. Then when a customer creates an account in a service desk, he cannot log in. I can see that the user is created, but they are not able to log in.

If I switch it around though, they are then able to log in.

My suspicion is that it is trying to authenticate against AD if its set up as the first auth method.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Are those customers creating user ids that already exists in AD? If so, it will try to authenticate using the AD credentials.

No. Even if you use details that are not in AD it behaves the same way.

Brian Cruz Atlassian Team Jun 15, 2015

Hi Gerhard,

I would take a look at the the file atlassian-jira.log and see if there are any AD issues that are appearing in the logs. The next thing I would do is try testing the AD connector and seeing if it successfully passes and when the last time it synced was.  You can find the atlassian-jira.log in your JIRA Home directory.

If all else fails, go ahead and create a support ticket with atlassian so they can take a look at the logs and see if anything pops up.

OK, now things are becomming weird. 

This morning I could not log in. I had to do a password reset on JIRA, Then when I went to user directories to check on my LDAP setting and I no longer have the "Delegated LDAP AUthentication" option ? ? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

120 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you