Service desk Portals

Brent Bowers June 16, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Service Desk permissions

Can I restrict Customers so they "only" see their Service desk Portals. I have a large list of customers that wish to be private, "Medical Companies". IE. Not to be able to see who our other customers are.

The below is Not the way we want to have our service desk portals to act. I do not want customers to see who else is getting support from us.

Viewing all portals in your global help center

If your company uses multiple service desk projects (e.g. an IT service desk and an office administration service desk), you can simply provide your customers with a single URL to find a list of all the customer portals they have access to and the requests created in each one: https://<domain_name>.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals 

Thanks for your help.

Brent B.

4 answers

0 votes
Brent Bowers June 17, 2016

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the direction.

I have gone to the customer portal and have set it as you directed. It still allows all my customers, many from different companies to ability to see all of our customers we provide support service to.

Currently we have, from our Service Desk project, under people, then customers. This shows over a hundred "customers" many are from different companies we service. Our customer list is quite large. Is there a better way to separate customers into groups or something so specific customers ie Companies only see their support portal and not all of them we service?? 

customers.png

as you have directed above. However, 

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

See red ellipses on the screenshot. It should explain how to do it.Final button is in right upper corner.

If it works for you please click "accept answer".

image2016-6-17 9:49:5.png

0 votes
Brent Bowers June 16, 2016

Hi Robert, 

Thanks, and where would that selection be found. Sorry I'm new at the app.

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

Brent,

Please use this setting on the Agent portal:

image2016-6-17 1:39:1.png

Suggest an answer