Service agent on vacation

Jeffrey Cooke November 24, 2016

Is there a way to say that a service agent is on vacation and all tickets normally assigned to them should be assigned to another nominated aged for that vacation period?

3 answers

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi @Jeffrey Cooke,

you Question is an older one but may still be relevant. We've had the same challenges and as a marketplace vendor, made it a plugin.

We've just released Out of Office Assistant for Jira Cloud, which allows a User to get his tasks reassigned and/or comment added, while he is on holiday.

It works for both agents & normal Jira Users.

Maybe that is still useful to you too. @Susan Ostreicher possibly for you too?

Would be great to get some Feedback.

Cheers,
    Christian

0 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

I'm also looking for an answer to this.  Did either of you find a solution? Thanks!

Nicole Geske August 17, 2017

No, not one that I really like. As a workaround, I created an automation to notify us if there is a comment put on a ticket assigned to an away employee. Automation is:

When: Comment added 

If: Issue matches assignee (indicate away employee)

Then: @ Alert user  (add whoever you want to alert)

Alternatively you could use a comment in the Then step of the automation and say something like "This ticket is assigned to an employee who is out of the office, @user and @user please ensure you follow up in lieu of their absence." or set up an external comment that tells the reporter that it will be addressed upon their return.

As a side note, we use the cloud version of JIRA.

Absolutely open to hear other ideas/resolutions as I do not find this very ideal but it's the solution I have for now.

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2017

Agree, it would be better to be able to set the agent status to "away" to trigger this kind of a rule.  But theses suggestions are very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

0 votes
Nicole Geske January 26, 2017

Did you resolve this Jeffery? I am looking for a solution as well for service desk cloud.

Suggest an answer