Service Now

Raffaele Pellicciotta February 15, 2021

Hi I read about ServiceNow Connector but I need to know if the following use case is supported. The customer creates Indicents/Service requests on Service Now and I would like to process these items in JIRA. Can I have JIRA synchronized with Snow? I read about the contrary (Snow synchronized with JIRA items) but I need the JIRA synchronized with Snow.

3 answers

3 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

Hey @Raffaele Pellicciotta 

I'm Jose, from the Exalate team.

Just like @Dirk Ronsmans mentions.

You can integrate Jira and ServiceNow very easily through an Exalate conneciton. 

You can connect any ServiceNow entity (Incidents, Service Request, Request Item, etc) to Jira issues in any project, it could be started from any of the two ends.

You will also be able to sync any field (custom or not) bidirectionally.

This guide might be interested for you:

Let me know if this helps you in your solution search 🙂

Best regards,

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2022

@Raffaele Pellicciotta , hello. hope you did find a solution. i'm just gonna add an alternative to the tool/s you might be currently using. You can take a look at ZigiOps - a flexible, no-code integration platform. It allows you to tailor it to fit your use cases.  The connector looks bi-directionally and can transfer any field. Feel free to take a look at it and even book a demo, to see how it actually works.

Regards - Diana (ZigiWave)

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Hi @Raffaele Pellicciotta  and welcome to the community,

What connector are you referring to specifically? I'm assuming an app/addon? As a lot of these exist they can have a different featureset.

I recently had a demo of a connector called Exalate which seems to be exactly what you want to do. (2-way sync and initiated on either side)

I am referring to ServiceNow Connector for Jira (in Atlassian Market Place). It was the first I met but I don't understand if it is possible to use it when tickets are generated from Service Now.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

I'm going through the documentation (https://empyrajira.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/HC/pages/456491031/ServiceNow+Jira+Integration+for+Server) and from all their diagrams I only see the initiation of the ticket coming from JIRA.

Updates afterwards tho seem to be able to come also from ServiceNow.

If you want to you can give them a call (just to be sure):

• Mon - Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST
  • +1(330) 744 5570

I have no personal experience with this specific app so if this is really the one you want, I'd crawl through the documentation (if you havent yet) and if something isn't clear contact them directly to be sure.

Thanks a lot. I had the same doubt

Raffaele

Suggest an answer