Service Desk tickets visability

Patrick Sacher June 28, 2017

Hi

Im using standard JIRA service desk without any extensions. We have a Service Desk with some request sections. My Question: I only got one user licence. For exaple a User or a Customer creates a ticket. If i would be a user, i want to see all tickets the other members have written. Is this possible with any extension? The only thing i know is that a customer can add a participant to share the ticket. But is there any automatic way to do this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

There's two types of user here, and they're handled in different ways.

A JIRA user (Core, Software or Agent) sees all of JIRA and has their access controlled by their groups and roles.  That's mostly done on a project level, and the usual approach is that a user in a project can see all the issues in it.

A Customer does not see JIRA internal projects.  They see their requests and the portal.  As you say, they can add participants, but there's no "automation" without add-ons.  However, I think what you're looking for is https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/09/group-customers-in-organizations

Suggest an answer