Service Desk "Field help" hidden by default behind information icon in new look

Zoe Glynn November 1, 2017

We have configured our Request Type forms to provide important contextual information to requesters in the form of "Field help" contents, since this field 

However, they new style portal hides this content behind an information icon that people have to click in order to view. (It's not even present as elements in the DOM until they click!)

This is seriously cramping our style, as requests arrive without proper steps having been followed.

I am actually quite surprised at the lack of chatter about this, so I'm hoping I've just missed a really easy new configuration somewhere, or I'm just not using the expected nomenclature in my searches.

Here's an example screenshot of the UI element I'm talking about, in the JIRA service desk support docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html):

Screen_Shot_2017-11-01_at_9_19_36_PM.png

And here's what we currently see:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 9.10.46 PM.png

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get back the old, always-visible presentation?

1 answer

0 votes
venugopal123 November 2, 2017

Hi,

By chance you were using any customisation for fields behaviour?? When i tried here am getting exact one with out information icon  . I dont think it is a big task but you can try for another field and lets see .

which version are using ..??

Below screenshot is the one am gettingField help.JPG

Zoe Glynn November 2, 2017

Thanks for the reply.

We're on Cloud, which gives a version of:

"JIRA Service Desk Application 3.3.0-OD-1000.2439.0"

We _used_ to get the view that you see in your screenshot, but have since been moved to a new UI design.

We don't have any customization for fields behaviour set up - if there's a way to do so, I'm coming up empty.

Suggest an answer