Service Desk queue for multiple projects

I am in a situation where i need to have 3 portals available for my customers:

• Partners
  • Merchants
  • Internal

Each have different requirements for a portal and we cannot make the information in Partners available to Merchants.

Because the JIRA Service Desk can only relate to 1 Project i assume I will need 3 projects. From a Service Desk point of view I am trying to understand if there is a way we can consolidate the Queue view for the 3 Service Desk Projects into 1 Queue that displays them all? This would allow for easier management by my single Service Desk team.

If there is an alternative way of doing this or managing this please let me know.

Cheers,

Gavin

6 answers

Hi All, 

We have released Queues for JIRA Service Desk that contains mentioned feature. 

UPDATE:

The server version has been approved by Atlassian and it is available public now.

Cheers, 

Hi Krzysztof,

Do you have a rough estimate on when this would be available for server version? Also, will it be compatible with JIRA version 7.3.0?

Regards
Megan

It will be ready within 4 weeks. It will also be compatible with JIRA 7.x

Cheers, 

hi, just wanted to check if any further update on the date for JIRA server? I really need this plugin! thanks

We would like to see this for the server version too!

+1

Hi Krzysztof,
Would you happen to know when this will be available? 

Thanks
Megan 

1 votes
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Nov 24, 2015

Hello Gavin,

Unfortunately you can't have additional projects in a specific Service Desk queue. For that, I'd recommend you to take a look into the JIRA gadgets and create a filter containing the issues from these 3 projects. 

I was in the same situation and found that you can create a filter that selects across multiple projects and use the filter gadget to build 'queue' dashboards.

Doing a bit more looking into this its probably easier to use a Kanban board to bring in the tasks from the different projects.

Hi Gavin, 

Were you able to solve this? I'm in the same situation.

Our SLAs are set to less than 5 minutes, so using the filtering/dashboard option wouldn't work for us. However, consolidating all the queues into one is what we are looking to do.

Thanks

Megan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,923 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot