Service Desk queue for multiple projects

Gavin McMillan November 16, 2015

I am in a situation where i need to have 3 portals available for my customers:

• Partners
  • Merchants
  • Internal

Each have different requirements for a portal and we cannot make the information in Partners available to Merchants.

Because the JIRA Service Desk can only relate to 1 Project i assume I will need 3 projects. From a Service Desk point of view I am trying to understand if there is a way we can consolidate the Queue view for the 3 Service Desk Projects into 1 Queue that displays them all? This would allow for easier management by my single Service Desk team.

If there is an alternative way of doing this or managing this please let me know.

Cheers,

Gavin

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi All, 

We have released Queues for JIRA Service Desk that contains mentioned feature. 

UPDATE:

The server version has been approved by Atlassian and it is available public now.

Cheers, 

Megan Makowiecka February 1, 2017

Hi Krzysztof,

Do you have a rough estimate on when this would be available for server version? Also, will it be compatible with JIRA version 7.3.0?

Regards
Megan

Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

It will be ready within 4 weeks. It will also be compatible with JIRA 7.x

Cheers, 

JohnM February 21, 2017

hi, just wanted to check if any further update on the date for JIRA server? I really need this plugin! thanks

Niklas Forsberg February 25, 2017

We would like to see this for the server version too!

+1

Megan Makowiecka March 6, 2017

Hi Krzysztof,
Would you happen to know when this will be available? 

Thanks
Megan 

1 vote
Jason Mauro September 28, 2016

I was in the same situation and found that you can create a filter that selects across multiple projects and use the filter gadget to build 'queue' dashboards.

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2015

Hello Gavin,

Unfortunately you can't have additional projects in a specific Service Desk queue. For that, I'd recommend you to take a look into the JIRA gadgets and create a filter containing the issues from these 3 projects. 

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017
0 votes
Megan Makowiecka November 14, 2016

Hi Gavin, 

Were you able to solve this? I'm in the same situation.

Our SLAs are set to less than 5 minutes, so using the filtering/dashboard option wouldn't work for us. However, consolidating all the queues into one is what we are looking to do.

Thanks

Megan

0 votes
Gavin McMillan January 19, 2016

Doing a bit more looking into this its probably easier to use a Kanban board to bring in the tasks from the different projects.

Suggest an answer