Service Desk: participants and organization notifications not working

Simon Zimmerman October 23, 2017

I'm new to Jira Service Desk and have set-up a vanilla instance. I've created some organizations with cusotmers. I've created some issues and I've added Organizations and Participants. In both cases the receptionist are not getting notifications from Jira. I've triple checked permissions and notification settings and everything appears to be in place. I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious. Can anyone help a newbie? 

On a related note, I added myself (using a secondary email account) as a Reporter and not only did I not get a notification, I can't see the request in the Service Desk when I login as that user?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Jira Service Desk notifications can work differently from other Jira notifications.  Specifically there is a different class of notifications that go out only to users in the customer role.  These are typically accounts in Jira that are unlicensed and don't have access to the main Jira site, they only have access to the customer portal.  More details on this are in Jira Service Desk Notification explanation.

So the fact that you created a new account and you get the notifications is good info, but it's important to understand if you are truly in the customer role or if you are getting Jira notifications as opposed to Jira Service Desk notifications. 

I would recommend trying to follow the steps in How to Troubleshoot email notifications in Jira Service Desk.  It does provide a pretty comprehensive set of steps to follow in order to better understand the scope of the problem and where to look next.

Suggest an answer