Service Desk notifications and permissions for create issues via email

Kelsay Cox November 17, 2015

I want to use Service Desk to create tickets and comments for ALL incoming emails to an inbox but I don't want people on the emails to receive any notifications or "new account" emails. 

What are my options?

3 answers

1 vote
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2015

Hello Kelsay, 

It is currently not possible to suppress the Initial Welcome Email Service Desk sends out to your Customers; there is a Feature Request to disable this functionality: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1620

If you want to disable all notifications from being sent out by the Service Desk Project, navigate into your Project's Administration section - Under Notifications, set notification scheme to None. 

-shawn

0 votes
Kelsay Cox November 18, 2015

Paulo, I need to handle any and every email that comes in. I don't have a list of customers that I can add.

The best option I have come up with is to use the JIRA Mail Handler with create users unchecked and the default reporter set. The downside of this is that you don't capture the reporter's name.

Option two is use the JIRA mail handler with create users checked and notify users off. In this situation all reporters are tracked and no notifications are fired but the users that are created are JIRA Software users that consume a license, not Service Desk customers and I have not found a way to change this.

Option three is use the Service Desk mail handler. It creates the right kind of users and does not consume licenses but it fires the New User Created emails like Shawn mentions.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2015

Suggest an answer