Service Desk integration with Confluence: Matching text from JIRA Macro

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

Here's my issue:

We have JIRA Service Desk linked to a Confluence knowledge base. We use this link so that as clients of the service desk start typing their issues, the troubleshooting articles matching the summary come up as suggestions. All is good up to that point. We love that feature.

The tricky part is that we use the service desk to log in change requests as well, and we'd like to set it up in a way that avoids different users making requests that are already in our backlog, or that were already rejected. In short, we'd like the search to also match existing issues, not only Confluence pages.

Since we have hundreds of backlog items we'd like to include in that search, our idea was to make a Confluence page that contains a JIRA macro that queries the issues we'd like to show. However, the summary-matching thing from Service Desk only catches text written in the page, and not for instance, the summary of bugs displayed in the JIRA macro.

We'd like very much to avoid converting JIRA issues to Confluence text. Anybody knows how to match text from the results of a macro? Or is there a more simple solution I'm overlooking?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2015

Hi Nicolas, 

Unfortunately this feature is not available yet. We have already created a feature request regarding this matter: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2113

Please feel free to add your comments and vote for it to make it more noticeable to our developers. Also refer to Implementation of New Feature Policy for more information on Atlassian's approach to the development of these improvements.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers!

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

Thanks, but that issue doesn't seem to quite cover my case. I wish the search from service desk to get the issues inside a macro, like the list of bug-fixes in the JIRA release notes. If I start typing the summary of a story from that query, I don't get a result. I only get results for issues that are in actual text in the Confluence page. If what you're saying is that you're supposed to get search results from the Summary of JIRA issues while in a KB search bar as well, then I'm baffled because that's not working for me either. JIRA 6.3, Confluence 5.7.4.

Suggest an answer