Service Desk in another language

Edgard Silva August 31, 2015

My JIRA is in English and I want to maintain that way. But on the Customer Portal, on Service Desk add-on, I need it to be in Portuguese (just on the front-end for the user). Some messages and buttons are in english and I'd like to change the labels to portuguese. Like the button to create the issue I need to be "Criar" intead of "Create" and alerts like "Please provide a valid value for field 'Summary'" I need it to be in Portuguese also.

Any thoughts?

5 answers

1 vote
rafael.angel December 3, 2015

I'm in the same situation rigth now.

I administrate a JIRA in English by default and I want to keep that way, but from the moment I manage just one Service Desk and I want to be able to change the language for every Service Desk that I create, including the welcome message.

There is at least some way to edit the Welcome message for customers in JIRA Service Desk?

Regards!

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

I am afraid Service Desk being an add-on in JIRA, at the moment, you can only set one default language from JIRA side.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-25

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-819

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2021

error

0 votes
Bernardo San Juan October 20, 2015

Is there at least a way to change the:

"We've received your request xyzportal account has been created for you.
To complete your request you'll need to first activate your account."

Message that you get when enabling, automatic sign up, so that I can choose the message I want in the language I want. In other words edit the automatic responses?

0 votes
Edgard Silva September 1, 2015

Thank you, Abdoulaye!

Suggest an answer