Service Desk email notifications for agents

Dom Reissmeier September 9, 2014

I just installed Service Desk Add-on to JIRA and can't seem to find option to configure: 

1. Default assignee that will receive newly open tickets in service desk
  2. email notifications for newly opened tickets to agents in addition to customer notification for when they opened a new ticket

I would also like to set a special alert by priority for a request type that notifies a group of users. 

I couldn't find anything in service desks documentation. 

2 answers

0 votes
Will Bastian October 13, 2014

1. Default assignee that will receive newly open tickets in service desk

This can be handled by setting the project's Default Assignee from the admin console

2. email notifications for newly opened tickets to agents in addition to customer notification for when they opened a new ticket

This can be handled by adding the agent group to whichever notifications you would like, from Projects | Notifications. For instance, I added <projectname-agents> group to "issue created" notification, and now all agents receive an email when a new issue is created.

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014
  1. only way I know to do this is by having component leads and add the component in the request type. This will give the lead the ticket automatically.
  2. A service desk project uses the schemes from a regular project. EX IT project and service desk IT. The service desk IT will use the IT project schemes. So look at the project the service desk is using.
  3. This probably can be done by using a post function in your workflow.

Suggest an answer