Service Desk comments copy in Jira Linked Issue

Wouter Spaans January 4, 2018

Hi,

We have the Service Desk module and the Jira for our developers. But when we create a Service Desk ticket we will also Create a linked Issue and copied the attachments, so that works.

But now our ServiceDesk people put comments in a Service Desk ticket but that comment is not show automatic in Jira Issue ticket, so our Developer must always look in the Service Desk ticket for latest comments.

Is there any synchronize option between the comments for Service Desk and Jira issue Ticket??

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

What do you mean by Service Desk Module?

I mean that we have also this product:

https://nl.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk

Together with Jira Software

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

I see.

A request in Service Desk is actually an issue in Jira. But as far as I understand you also create a linked issue for the request issue, am I right? And then when a comment is added for the request issue you can not see this comment on the linked issue. Am I right? If I am right then everything is correct. When you add a comment to the request issue it will not be added automatically to the linked issue if you did not set up. Or you have setup  it somehow? I mean there must be some code or automation rule to copy comments between linked issues.

Hi, yes you are right!

Oke, so the comment in Request Issue will not automatically created also for Linked Issue...

Is there some code to copy comments between Request Issue and Linked Issue you know?

Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2018

You would need an addon to write a code.

If you are on Jira Server/ Data Center you could use Power Scripts add-on.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

You could create a listener which would listen on the comment added event. In the listener you would take the last comment and copied it to the linked issue. If you have the add-on I can provide you with such code.

Jonathan Muse _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2018

Alexey is exactly right. If you need help writing the exact script for the solution he described please let me know.

ron_lindstrom_picotrading_com May 10, 2018

@Alexey Matveev Can you provide the code please?  I've got the same issue here and would like to have comments copied from ticket_1 to ticket_2 when linked.  Thanks

Kleber Fonseca July 4, 2018

@Alexey Matveev - Does it works with Script Runner or MISC ? Is it possible to write a listener under Script Runner to listen when a comment/attachment is done at Service Desk ? Thanks all

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2018
Kleber Fonseca July 26, 2018

Hi @Alexey Matveev

Thanks.

I already copy the comments between the issues, but I don't know how copy the attachments of the comment.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2018
Nina Zolotova September 6, 2018

@Kleber Fonseca

Hi! Could you please share the code you use to copy comments between linked issues?

I have found few examples, but all of them don't work for me.

Thank you in advance.

Suggest an answer