I tried to set up a Service Desk project to create issues when email was sent to a specific address but I couldn't get it to work despite my best efforts and too many hours of probably misdirected research.
I thought I might have a higher chance of success by starting over so I deleted that instance of the Service Desk project and now JIRA thinks that the support email I'm trying to get associated with the new Service Desk is already attached (and therefore not available) to the previous project that was deleted.
Is there a way to fix this without having to dig through the database or do I have to find all of the references to the deleted Service Desk directly in the database and delete them? If it's door number two does anyone happen to have handy a list of references to Service Desk projects in the JIRA database.
Thanks for any help, this one's been a real pickle.
I haven't faced this myself but here are some ideas.
Email configuration - check the email configuration and see if that was cleaned up completely.
"All the references" - Assuming you had created some issues in the old SD project, then the issues query (JQL" feature is pretty powerful) can be used to find those issues. Then use batch edit to update those issues. All of this assuming that the old issues somehow refer to the old email and that cleaning up those would help with configuring the new project.
However it's probably more likely the solution is cleaning up email configuration.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG