Service Desk automatically assign request to organization

garyj January 31, 2017

Hi Guys

In my scenario customers submit requests to the service desk via email. Once the email is received an issue in the service desk is created. Is there a way to automatically assign an organisation to the created issue. 

I already have an organisation set up for the service desk, the organisation already has users. All I need is for any newly raised issues in this particular service desk to automatically be assigned the specific organisation automatically. 

Thank you

Gary

5 answers

1 vote
Robert Jober April 22, 2020

With JSU add on you can do it this way:

1. Precondition: Value Field (JSU)

• Organizations != ORGXY
  • Comparison Type: String

2. AND Precondition: User in Any Issue Field (JSU)

Only users in any of of the following groups:

• OBS - AD Group 1
  • OBS - AD Group 2

3. Update Any Issue Field (JSU)

• Precondition must be: True
  • Perform as User: User Name
  • Issue Field: Organizations
  • Field Value: ORGXY
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

This is not currently available natively. There is an enhancement request on this you can vote for and watch - JSD-4519

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

You can use a standard rule from Automation for Jira. Take a look at this blog of CodeBarrel. 

Mark Cline April 30, 2020

Unfortunately, it looks like Organization is not available when creating an automation rule in a JSD project.

Joel Bradley June 1, 2020

Make sure you're under "Project Automation" and not just the "Automation" section.

Like Cami P likes this
0 votes
Stephen Crandell November 29, 2018

I was able to auto set the organization using the "Set field value (JMWE add-on)" post function. NOTE: It does require the Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (paid) add-on.

I was able to set the Organizations field to the customer organization ID if the Channel is the portal or email and the reporter is in the given organization.

Here is how I have it set up -

1. add Set field value (JMWE add-on) post function to the Service Desk workflow.
  2. Set as following:
    • Field: Organizations
    • Value Type: Constant or Groovy Template
    • Value: <Customer Organization numeric ID>
    • Under Conditional Execution:
      • Check box for "Only if condition is true"
      • Condition: issue.getEntityProperty("request-channel-type") == "portal" || "email" && issue.get("customfield_#####")?.any{issue.get("reporter")}

The customfield_##### should be the number for the Organization custom field.

Hope this helps. I'm sure there is a way to do this using Script Runner as well but, this seemed pretty easy, you just have to get the add-on.

Jonathan Forrester July 23, 2019

When I do it, it gives me an error: 

{{ issue.getEntityProperty("request-channel-type") == "portal" || "email" && issue.get("customfield_10700")?.any{issue.get("reporter") }}

There was an error during the rendering of your template

expected symbol, got pipe
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2017

The person the request is raised for determines the organisation, as they belong to it.

garyj February 1, 2017

Is there a way to automate how the users are assigned to organisation? Perhaps using the user's email domain to match it to an organisation? Ideally I would love to avoid the manual process of assigning a user to an organisation every time a new user is created, or having to manually assign users to an organisation given that there are already a few hundred of them in this service desk. 

Erik Brooks July 13, 2018

No. There are feature requests (search for them) that will add this but JIRA hasn't started to work on them yet.

Like Allen Jones likes this

Suggest an answer