Service Desk & Onboard/Offboard

Kevin Decker November 1, 2017

Hi everyone, 

In the process of getting our Service Desk up and running and finally transitioning off of our current software but I've got a question for the community here. 

When an employee is set for onboard/offboard in our organization the Supervisor for the employee creates a 'Master Ticket' which in turn creates the sub-tasks that each person in our team is responsible for (i.e. remove from System Y, remove from System X, etc.). With that being said I'm looking for a way to essentially mimic the same process or even make it better with JIRA. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Kevin

2 answers

3 votes
Ethan Foulkes November 6, 2017

Hi Kevin,

Are you using server or cloud?

You can do this using the Power Scripts add-on for server version.

There is a video tutorial walking you through a situation where a single task is created here. You could easily modify to create multiple sub-tasks.

If you get going and need specific help just let me know.

Hope that helps!

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

You can mimic this functionality using sub tasks in Jira. There are 2 levels of hierarchy in Jira: task and subtask. If you use Jira software you can add third level which would be Epic. More about tasks and subtasks you can read here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-and-sub-tasks-764478439.html

Suggest an answer