Service Desk Users

Jeremy Coulter March 30, 2016

HI There.

I asked a question the other day about what an Agent is and was given an answer, so thanks for that.
BUT I didnt have time until now to ask my next question.

At the moment I am using the API for a customer to raise a service desk issue when there is a problem.
As I under stnad it, and "Agent" is basically a user, so I have created a "user" that is used to "submit" the service desk ticket. This works find and I can use a Label to tell who who the user was that raised it, it also makes  querying easier, but the problem is, when I go to say assign my self to the task, the person who gets the email is "me" because its my email address assigned to the "agent" being used to raise the service desk job smile

IS there anyway around this? I dont need/want the users to access the service desk site, so I dont need any extra users in that sense, but is there anything you can think of that I can do ?

I am not trying to skirt around the licensing, I just dont need any more "Agent" licenses.

Thanks, Jeremy

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

You could create the issues as a "customer" instead of an "agent".

Jeremy Coulter March 31, 2016

So do I do this via the user management and make them a "Confluence User" ?

Thanks, Jeremy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

Suggest an answer