Service Desk User get the error "You can not make the transition"

Jens Ilschner April 20, 2021

We're having the issue that users cannot close the tickets because they get this error. It seems when they enter a comment and then click on the close button the error comes up. If they refresh the page before they click the close button it works. Seems something odd with the session handling.

Clipboard01.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jens Ilschner May 18, 2021

Unfortunately, it didn't answer it. I was checking and removed / re-added the transitions. There are no validators maintained for any of the transitions but I am still getting this error....
 Screenshot_1.png

Jens Ilschner May 18, 2021

the thing is, I want the customer to do this transition that's why we show it in the customer portal in the first place. 

AND I can make this transition if the user doesn't enter a comment before clicking on the Clarified button

Screenshot_2.png

I clearly think this is a bug....

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

That is a reason description coming from a validator in the workflow, something your admins have added.  The language in the red error message is not the way the Atlassian phrases their warnings, so I suspect it is a custom validator.

Your admins should really put in a more informative error message, one that tells you what you were doing wrong.

Jens Ilschner April 20, 2021

This warning / error doesn't come from us. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

It's a validator warning/error and it's not a standard off-the-shelf message.

Check the validators on the workflow transition for "close", you are going to see someone has added one there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events