Service Desk Request Screen with dropdowns for Atlassian Suite Projects, Spaces, etc..

Jim Groff November 14, 2017

Greetings all,

I would like to create a very basic service desk request screen to be used by our users to request permissions for Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket/Stash. 

I would like it to have following fields to work in the following manner.

Drop down for Product - (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)

Drop down for Jira Project Name, Confluence Space or Bitbucket Project

Drop down for User to be assigned to the above with option for selecting multiple users.

Currently we are getting service desk requests for permissions but users are attaching spreadsheets with grids of the products, projects and spaces but it is confusing and time consuming to sort through the spreadsheets.

I would assume this is possible, but I could really use some guidance.  Thanks in advance for any tutelage.

All the best,

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Jim this can be accomplished with JIRA custom fields. (Documentation can be found here)  Once you have created the custom filed you will just need to associate it with your service desk project via the service desks screens.  Once you have completed this you can add it to the request type and it will display in the online form.  You can make the fields required on the request type to ensure that you get everything you need back from the customer on submission.  If you need more dynamic fields then the delivered field types you can find lots of add-ons in the marketplace.

Jim Groff November 14, 2017

Thanks for the help Brant. I'll see if I can work through it.  Appreciate the response.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

If you get stuck on anything just post and someone will help.  

Suggest an answer