Service Desk Queue

Sean Brown March 9, 2017

How can l create a queue in JIRA Service Desk to show me all the service tickets that have a JIRA ticket? The support team are creating support tickets then the development team are creating JIRA tickets which is then linked back to the service ticket and l would like to have a queue to see this.

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

Sean,

depending on your specific use case you could consider creating a unique state used when a JSD issue results in a JSW issue. I did this partly for the reason you seem to be eluding to. In my world internal customer are opening IT issues and product issues under my help desk project. If it is a product issue that requires development's attention then the agent creates a clone and move the JSD issue to the "Development" status. I then have automation set up to resolve the JSD issue when the JSW issue is resolved. Having this state allows me create a specific queue. Just a thought.

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Yeah this seems to be the way Atlassian is handling their support queues also. Didn't think about that good suggestion Jack.

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2017

Sean,

There is a plug in called JQL Tricks Plugin that you can use free for up to 6 months. I am currently using this plug-in. I want to see all Service Desk Tickets that have an open JIRA Ticket on them. Here is the JQL Query you will need underneath a specific queue within your JIRA Service Desk project

Issues to show:

issue in linkedIssuesHasStatus("Backlog", "To Do", "In Progress", "Selected for Development", "In Review")

Hope this helps!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2017

But that is only available for server version. If you want to use a plugin to work it out then Scriptrunner is the way to go i think.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2017

Hi Sean,

Out of the box I don't think you can achieve this. If you have Script runner available you can do the following.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_haslinks

That said there might be other plugins offering same functionality but this is the one I know smile

Good luck!

Suggest an answer