Service Desk Private Knowledge base license requirements

Todd Winton January 13, 2017

We are in the process of implementing service desk and would really like to use the knowledge base functionality.  However, the documentation we want to share with our customers should not be publicly accessible.  Is there any way to have knowledge base functionality that keeps information secure without having to use a confluence license for every user?  

1 answer

1 vote
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2017

Hello,

Atlassian Documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/serving-customers-with-a-knowledge-base-732528995.html

As you can see there is an option in the JSD (JIRA Service Desk) Administration -> Knowledge base (Access -> Viewing) : All active users and All customers (they don't need a confluence licence)

New+KB+menu.png

Todd Winton January 13, 2017

What permissions are needed in that space in order for this to work?  I get search results not, but when I click on a link I get prompted for credentials.

Suggest an answer