Service Desk Notifications Not Working

Siecje May 10, 2016

In JIRA I am a member of service-desk-agents but I don't receive an email when a new Service Desk Issue is created.

The notification helper says I should receive a notification.

Also related is that if I trigger an email for a customer I won't receive an email (based on my settings). The email says it is from me but it is actually from JIRA's automailer. When the customer replies to that email (not in JIRA) I won't receive the email and there will be no comment on the issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

Notification helper assumed JIRA Core notification scheme, which is super-ceded by JSD's scheme if a Request Type is present on the issue. If you want those members to be immediately notified of all new issues created, you could achieve this through a workflow post function - but it might be easier to create a filter subscription on your "new tickets" queue that emails every 15 minutes. 

The second note sounds like you may need to ensure your email options are all turned on and configured from within service desk. 

Suggest an answer