Service Desk: Hiding links from customer portal or directly hiding customer portal

Bernardo San Juan October 21, 2015

Hi,

I have noticed that when I enable "Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal" within the request security in a service desk project, then there will be a link created on the customer portal. 

We want to create different service desk project to manage different clients, the "Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal" is very convenient feature because we do not need to create accounts for our clients. But, if we activate this it may lead to confusion when I client clicks on whatever link within its service desk that will take this client to the customer portal and can see all different service desks projects that are open and belong to different client platforms.

Ideally we could open as many service desk as we wish to, but without then displaying the links on the portal. Or even better, hiding the portal.

Is there a way to do this on an Ondemand instance?

3 answers

1 vote
William Penman October 27, 2015

Running into the same issue.  We want to have projects created for our App Support and Infrastructure teams, but only want the Helpdesk project viewable from the portal.  We can go in and modify the permission scheme removing the option to create from the portal and this will delete the project from the portal but it also hides any tickets named to the requestor that are assigned to any of APP Support and Infrastructure projects.  We would like to still be able to let the user have visibility of tickets, just not be able to create them.

0 votes
ani rosita March 5, 2018

How to raise a request under request type "Hidden from Portal" as an admin?

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2015

Hello Bernardo,

You can restrict your Service Desk projects as described in the following link, so a customer from company A won't have access to the SDS project from company B:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/managing-access-to-your-service-desk-660967480.html#Managingaccesstoyourservicedesk-Whentorestrictyourservicedesk

Suggest an answer