Service Desk: Customers waste JIRA licenses

Rechnung June 8, 2015

While testing JIRA Service Desk I have a licensing problem. For each customer in the service desk a JIRA account is automatically created. This is not wanted, because we only use a JIRA license for 25 users but have much more customers. I did assume to use create JIRA users only for Agents/Developers/Admins. Did I select a wrong setting or is a license upgrade required?

Service Desk 2.3.6

JIRA 6.3.15

3 answers

0 votes
Rechnung June 14, 2015

I just upgrade to JIRA 6.4 / service desk 2.5. By now, service desk customers to not consume a license. 

0 votes
Rechnung June 9, 2015

Up to now it does not matter if I create the customer account (in Service Desk => People => Customers) or if he user creates it by himself.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

You may have configured your Service Desk wrongly and added your external users as Service Desk agents. Service Desk two supports the model that you are looking for.

Rechnung June 9, 2015

You say it only depends on the Version of Service Desk? I've guessed about upgrading jira, but would like to avoid this by now. Can you give a hint, which might be the bad setting? Service Desk has only very few settings, I have no glue which one could be wrong.

Suggest an answer