Service Desk Customer Portal Customization

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Hey all, trying to add fields to my customer portal that the customer cannot edit, but can see the field on the ticket. Thoughts on how is this done?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hello @Jackson Farnsworth,

this is a known issue which is asked many times before. I attach you a link to another question:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Display-Custom-Fields-on-Service-Desk-Customer-Portal/qaq-p/658404

I hope this will be a thing soon!

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2017

Thank you for letting me know

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2018

There are add-ons to do that now, like Advanced Portal Reports:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1219230

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2018

Hi,

You can achieve it using our app Extension for Jira Service Desk. In the Visibility section, select Fields tab. Choose your custom field and switch the toggle Hide for all on. This field is hide for customers, but if agent put something in this field, this information is visible on the request.

I guess that it solves your problem.

Kate

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2017
Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

What about other fields? Also that doesn't really answer my question.

Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Which kind of custom field are you trying to use?
Does customers can see field on portal or on default issue view screen?

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Single Line Text fields and some standard fields that JIRA starts with. The customer should only be able to see these fields from the portal screen when viewing their issue. When creating their issue, the fields should not be present.

Suggest an answer