Service Desk 'Create' button not working

Simon Adams March 24, 2015

Hi all,

We have setup and using the 'Service Desk' component of JIRA and just about to launch it out to a customer but we seem to be having an issues with users being able to create new requests/problems.

When the user selects the 'Create' button it does nothing, any suggestions or tips would be most welcome.

Regards

4 answers

0 votes
Juan Peraza March 24, 2015

If I click on the Create button in the Customer Portal and I don't provide a value for a mandatory field, the service desk gives me a clear indication to provide a value. Are you stating that there is a mandatory field that is required to create a service desk issue, but that field is not even displayed in the customer portal?

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Hi Simon,

Do you mean the button "Create" right under the "What do you need?" field? If so, have you tested this with different browsers? If you can reproduce it with Chrome, could you generate a HAR of that page and check if anything is there?

0 votes
Simon Adams March 24, 2015

Hi Juan, Sorry I should have been clearer. The button is the create option on the customer portal not within Jira along the top menu. I'm wondering if there is a mandatory field that cannot be completed as it's not displayed to the end user.

0 votes
Juan Peraza March 24, 2015

Simon, to create a service desk issue, users select Create Service Desk Request from the Service Desk menu, not the Create button. Does your JIRA interface show the Service Desk menu?

Suggest an answer