Service Desk: Changing the change the automatic response to a service desk request created via email?

Bernardo San Juan October 6, 2015

Hi,

I am currently configuring our Service Desk, I just activated the "Email requests are currently: On"

I just used a dummy account (customer) to create an service desk request via sending an email to the email address I assigned to the service desk project. After that I got automatic reply in the dummy account mailbox that says: 

Hi (name of the dummy user),

We have received your request and will get back to you soon.

– (Name of the service Desk)

How can I edit this automatic reply rule, I have not find a way, it is not in the ADVANCED>Automation rules. I would like to edit the text "We have received your request and will get back to you soon."

Cant I do that?

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adalberto Schneider
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

For that, you'd have to edit the velocity templates embedded in the Service Desk Code. Currently, there are a few feature requests for that. Check out https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-218

Bernardo San Juan October 7, 2015

Thks for your quick reply. Best wishes

Xiruo Liu December 20, 2016

Could you please clarify which template name (vm file) I should change for this particular auto-reply message for reporter? Only this email template needs to be changed urgently for us. Thanks!

Suggest an answer