Service Desk - Best way to set up Clients and associated users

Simon Bradley November 3, 2015

We run a software company and incidents are logged under client names and the users at that client. I've just been running through the tutorials and have a trial setup but i'm struggling to understand as a ticketing system how I can setup separate clients with the relevant users assigned to each client.

I've looked at setting up individual projects but we don't have agents that specifically work on individual projects so the tickets should be prioritised and reviewed collectively for all clients. Also as a manager there seems to be no MI or overview of all projects....

My goal is for the following:

Client A - user 1, user 2

Client B - user 3, user 4

My agents (agent 1, agent 2) would be able to see all tickets for both Client A and Client B and as a manager I would be able to see performance of agent 1 & 2 for all clients as we as performance for both clients against SLA etc.

I'm only trialing this at the moment so please excuse my lack of knowledge at this point. I just want to ensure I can achieve what I need!

Many Thanks...

3 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Use the "User Groups" and add these groups to roles with their corresponding projects. So it's like "Client_A_Group" contains "user 1 and user2" and they add "Client_A_Group" to the correct role in "Project Client A" so that they can only work/view issues with that project.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Just put the general users group (like jira-users) to the role that has the "Assignable Permission".

0 votes
Simon Bradley November 3, 2015

Thanks.

I think the main problem i'm having is understanding how I can get my agents to work across all the projects. Whilst incidents should be logged by Project/Client with associated SLA's... when it comes to the queues I need my agents to work by those about to breach / Priority for any project/Client. From what I can see, the queues are broken down by project but i'd need them to be global as our agents work across all 'projects'.

How would I go about this?

Suggest an answer