• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Service Desk Automation - update ticket only after all linked tickets have been updated

I've set up an automation where it updates the status of a SD ticket (and adds comments) when a linked issue is updated. 

Sometimes I have to create multiple dev tickets for a single SD ticket. The problem with this is, the trigger is set to "a linked issue is transitioned". I want the SD ticket to get updated only if ALL linked tickets have been completed. Is there a way to do this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 9.51.55 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-29 at 9.52.29 am.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Maliha, 

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk, the automation doesn’t have an order to be executed. 

If there are, for example, 10 automation that runs when the ticket is created, it will not run always in the same order and also not in the order of the date the automation was created.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability: 

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't really talking about the order in which multiple automations are run. I have just one automation set up. In it I have a trigger to add comments and update status of a service desk ticket when the linked ticket has been updated. This works fine with there's only one ticket linked to the service desk ticket. However, if you have multiple tickets linked to the one service desk ticket, say 3 dev tickets associated with the 1 service desk ticket, then when even one dev ticket is marked as "Done" it updates the service desk ticket as done as well. What I'd like is for the service desk ticket to be updated only after ALL linked tickets have been updated to a specific status.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Thank you for the details Maliha.

I've checked here and I'm afraid this will not be possible to do with the built-in Automation in Service Desk.

You can use Automation for Jira to achieve this: Automation for Jira

Here is an example of an Automation that will transition an issue after all linked issues are resolved:

Screenshot 2020-02-03_14-52-10-616.png

Thanks, Angelica. I'll try this out.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you