Service Desk Automation Fails with Custom Field

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

I'm using JIRA SD automation to transition a linked issue based on previous status. The custom field I've created does show the correct value for previous state, but when I put in the IF statement;

"CustomField" !~ "State" 

It accepts the statement, but doesn't actually do anything when the condition occurs.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Did you check the log on the automation to see if it failed?

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

No errors are showing for it in the logs

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2017

Found the solution, there was a condition in the workflow for the transition I was trying to trigger that was blocking it. JSU function that should have hidden it only from the user also prevented it from working. JMWE version works fine though.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Great....mark this as answered, and it's a great reminder that the automation of workflow transitions will still respect any conditions that are in the workflows.

Suggest an answer