Service Desk: Allow customers to see each other's tickets within a single service desk.

Sam Alexander May 4, 2015

How do we allow customers to see each other's tickets for a single service desk project.

6 answers

2 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2015

Hi, Sam.

You should be able to do that with participants. Check this documentation.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Kai Harris May 4, 2015

Hello, I am trying to do the same thing - allow a group of customers to see each other's tickets. Is there a way of doing this with customer groups so it happens automatically? Requiring customers to add everyone on their end isn't a solution that will work for us. And on the agent side, the agent isn't sure who all should be added. We just need to be able to have a group of customers see all the tickets created by that group.

Like David W likes this
1 vote
Ed McAdoo May 6, 2015

A relatively simple and self service way to accomplish this is to allow a customer to add people to a ticket and then offer an option for that person to be saved and added to all future tickets.  Basically let the customer create his "team" either all at once or over time.  Then the customer could pull up his profile and see "My Requests" or My Team's Requests." Add People to a Team.png

1 vote
Ed McAdoo May 5, 2015

I understand the process for adding a user to an issue but is there a way to set that for anyone within a client org to see all of their open tickets?  For instance if we have a client and we give access to the portal to 5 of their administrators can we set it so that by default any of those 5 can see any tickets (issue) that were created by any of the other people from that same client?  Basically what I want to accomplish is to allow anyone from a specific client to see any service request that is related to their company.  Right now the only way to do this is for the creator to manually add all of their peers (other administrators) onto any issue that he or she has created.  I want to prevent duplicate issues from being created by a client and make it easier for them to work their collective issues.

MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

There's definitely not an easy way to do that right now. You're looking at some pretty heavy customization to make that happen.

0 votes
Sara Nicholson January 23, 2018

Thanks for the link to this issue...we haven't been having our customers enter their own issues thru service desk because of this very issue...maybe now we can

0 votes
Tim H_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

Not quite default transparency, but the next best thing has now been implemented:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/09/group-customers-in-organizations

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

So i have the same problem i think. I want to users to see a list of all open work orders. so that people 1) dont put in duplicate work orders 2) can add themselves as a watcher to a work order that they may want to watch.

Organizations sounded promissing indeed! however when i went to add all my customers to the organization, i was faced with the prospect of adding them one by one which isnt really scalable for 200 users...

So my question is, will this new organizataions thing solve my issue, and also is there an easy way to add all portla users to an organization?

i read somewhere that organizations on a WO get notified, well i wouldnt want that. So perhaps this feature isnt what i need after all, or maybe i can turn that off. Any comments? is there an easier way to accomplish what i want here?

Soporte Tecnalis May 30, 2018

Hello Tim,

when a customer within an organization opens a ticket, the other members only receive an email notification once the ticket is created. The email says the ticket has been open and if they want to be notified, they just need to activate the notification. If you want to avoid this notification too, you should go to the project setting, customer notifications, and then there is a specific setting for "organization added", you just need to deactivate it.

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2015

Sam, if you just want anyone to be able to see the tickets in a project, you can set the 'Browse Project' permission for that project to 'Group (Anyone)'.  I've never tried this for a Service Desk project, and there are a lot of obscure restrictions around Service Desk permission schemes, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work, but it's definitely worth a shot if this is your goal.  If it does work, then anyone who could access your JIRA server would be able to see tickets in that project through the standard JIRA GUI.  This may complicate things as your customers would then be able to access tickets they reported through both the Service Desk portal and through the standard JIRA interface.  If you're using automated transitions, then this can lead to some broken automation depending on whether a customer comments on a ticket through the portal or through the JIRA GUI.

Baybars Kumbasar April 26, 2016

This is a bit of late comment, but this would require all the clients to use an Agent license AFAIK. It's gonna get expensive pretty fast smile 

Like Michael Salvio likes this

Suggest an answer