Service Desk - Add new event to Service desk automation?

Michael Ruderer November 22, 2016

Hello together,

i want to create a notification when e.g. half of the SLA time is over.
For that i thought to create an automation rule.

In here i have the following conditions:
image2016-11-22 12:38:40.png

Is it possible to add my own event to this list? (For example "Half of SLA time exceeded"?)

Hope you guys got some thoughts =)

Regards,

Michael

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

Automation only has the canned events unfortunately. I sure wish they would allow you to select the time component. If the canned events (like you show) are not suitable to your needs how about creating a filter and setting subscriptions to them? For example, lets say you want to notify your agents at the 50% remaining time and your SLA is say 4 hours, then the following filter would accomplish that.

project = xyz AND resolution = Unresolved AND "Time to Resolution" > remaining(-120m)

Then you can set the subscription to run say every hour. The nice thing about subscriptions vs. automation is that the automation only notifies once associated w/ the event where as the subscription will continue to remind of all issues that fit the filter until they are resolved in the above case.

Suggest an answer