Service Desk 3.3 update fails

Jason Huntowski March 9, 2017

We are trying to update our JIRA Service Desk from version 3.1.10 to version 3.3. We have updated JIRA from 7.1.2 to 7.3.2 without issue, but now when we try to update Service Desk from the UI in versions and licenses, we receive an error. In the logs, I found 2 reasons for the failure, but cannot seem to find any information on how to fix it. Error reasons below:

Error: 

[c.a.u.c.r.resources.install.InstallFromUriTask] Failed to install plugin
com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: Failed operation: RemoveOperation

Reason 1: 

Caused by: com.querydsl.core.QueryException: Caught SQLException for delete from jiraschema.propertyentry
where propertyentry.id = ? and propertyentry.propertytype = ?

Reason 2:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Transaction (Process ID 69) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Any ideas here would be awesome. I was thinking of just uninstalling Service Desk and then reinstalling it through the UI, but I don't want to mess with any of the project settings or agent access as I have live projects in my production instance.

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

That's strange.  We just upgrade to JIRA 7.3.2 and Service Desk 3.3.2.  WOrked fine

Suggest an answer