Service Agent with restricted Permissions

Osterwalder Martin November 27, 2017

Hi Together

I want add Servicedesk Agents (Not Customer!) but with restricted Permissions to some Tickets.

Background:

All Members of my Team are Servicedesk Agents and can see all Tickets.
Now we want to add our biggest external Partners as Servicedesk Agents, too.
If they are Agents we can assign the Tickets to our Partners and they know what they have to do for us.

And if they have any questions about the Issue they can ask the peoples which are added as customers directly, and so they do not have to ask us first.

Restrictions:
But this Agents should not see all Tickets. Only this which they belongs to (Request Participant, Reporter or Assignee).
That we can manage, which Tickets they can see and which not.

Tries:

1) I can do it, if we have different Projects (Example: SD-11 only for us and SDE-1 for externals).
But in this case we have to give access for both customer portal to customers too, but then they have to much request types to choose.
Maybe they are confused with this.

Questions:

Someone know if something like this is possible?

Or maybe have a similiar solution?

I hope someone can help me,

thanks

Martin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hello,

Have a look at issue security schemes. Security schemes let you configure visibility of issues in a project. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-issue-level-security-802592414.html

Osterwalder Martin November 27, 2017

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for this Input.

I have created now a Scheme which restrict the visibility of our Internal Agent Group, Reporter, Assignee and Request Participant.

I think this works for me now.

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer