Server crashed - how to move license?

Oleksandr Kashyrin May 22, 2016

I had a license installed on the server which has crashed. No backups were made because it was a stage of initial configuration. Server was rented at datacenter thus I have no access to HDDs to get any data from them.

The question is whether it is possible to use existing license on new server and how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Oleksandr Kashyrin May 22, 2016

The problem is, I can't find where to change serverId in my.atlassian.com. After generating license key it is no more available.

jiralicense.png

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2016

There are a few ways. Login to my.atlassian.com and get the license from there should be the easiest. Once you reinstalled the server locally or another datacenter you can change the serverid on my.atlassian.com and regenerate the new license for the new server id.

Another way would be requesting a database and filespace backup from the VPS and simply install the same version of Jira, only to change the base directory and database config to point at the restored filesystem and database.

Suggest an answer