Server ID different after import of data

Joanne February 22, 2016

We have been working in a test environment with an evaluation license.  We now have purchased a license and installed JIRA in our production environment and have exported the data in test and imported into production.  However, it did ask for a license on import which we provided our new license but it has brought in a different server id (the same as the one in test).  I do need to update my test evaluation license with a developer license from purchased license.  However, production and test now have same server ID and the server ID in test is associated with an evaluation license.

Can anyone explain the relevance of server id's?  If I change over my test license to the production developer license then does it care what the server id is? and also if I have imported data with a different server id is this an issue - do I need to change it to the one registered with the license on install - why?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016
  • The server ID should not be a problem.  
  • You need to install the "dev" license into your test server as the evaluation will expire at some point
  • The dev license doesn't care about the server ID 

The articles below should throw some light on your questions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=321848669

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Changing+Server+ID+for+Test+Installations

Joanne February 22, 2016

Thanks - those documents were very useful!  I have just updated my test license to the prod developer license.  It was interesting to see that the server id is used for attachments but we shouldn't have a problem here because test/prod will never link into another application together for example we are also looking to use confluence but we will be linking test confluence to test JIRA and prod confluence to prod JIRA so they will still be separate.

Suggest an answer