Serious bug using scriptrunner 2.1.12

Mikael Lejdstrom September 2, 2014

We are using the rename userid withe merge in the built scriptrunner functions.

together with jira 5.2.4.

After using this function "renaming one user id with merge" once, 9 jira projects role list were deleted. We have around 680 projects in this production site. No one of the other projetcs were damaged. We didn't understand the connection to this operation fully the 1st time it happend. When we used this function a 2nd time 12 other projects were damaged. I.e. the role page contents for these projects were deleted, concerning users but not the groups. This event is strictly correlated to the operation. We cannot use this part of Groovy(Script) runner until it's solved. Has any one seen this before or can give an explanation ?

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2014

Feel free to create an issue. Like I say though, I do not currently plan to resurrect this functionality.

Yes you should just be able to create an account on that cloud instance... if that doesn't work please can you contact Atlassian support, as they seem to keep reconfiguring it such that it's unusable.

0 votes
Mikael Lejdstrom September 3, 2014

Ok, I have to be more clear, it's very easy to explain. Wat I mean with "jira project trole list" is: Open a jira project's summary page as jira project/system administrator. Choose "roles & more" and you will see which users and groups that have specific roles in the project.

The users in 9 projects 1st time and the 12 projects 2nd time were deleted from the roles in this project. This happend when we used the function "Renames a user ID" in the "Builtin Script Runner" menu with the merge option in our production jira database. The rename worked fine but then this happend afterwards which I consider very serious. People cannot work if we not immediatly restore the user lists from a backup. So we cannot use this function any more, and we have used scriptrunner for years without problems. We have jira logs and also an anonymised database which you can use to analyse this problem The problem is to get access to your jira project for script runner so I can provide you with the logs. I.e. to join jamieechlin.atlassian.net. Is this possible ? FYI we are using jira 5.2.4 and groovyrunner 2.1.12.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

Can't seem to add an answer.

I've never seen that before, and I'm not really sure what you mean by "jira projects role list". This particular function has been removed from the recent releases... it was done before Atlassian introduced embedded crowd, and it needed a lot more work to make it work with Crowd.

Suggest an answer