Sequence number in JIra issue changed

fabio marcelo April 26, 2012

Hi all,

Please , could you help me in discover why my sequence number id jump from EBS-27 to EBS-150 ?

Please do you know what is the cause of this change ?

Thanks in Advance

BR

Fabio

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
fabio marcelo May 22, 2012

Hi NIc and Jobin ,

Atlassian discover the root cause from the problem :)

See the issue below :

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JRAGANTT-409

Best Regards

Fabio

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2012

Ahh, so the Jira Gantt chart plugin is broken. That makes sense.

vikramjit Singh December 14, 2014

URL not found

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

It's a 2 year old issue, and Studio has been deprecated in favour of the integrated JIRA. Have a look for the support issue tracker for the Gantt chanrt plugin and you should be able to find it.

0 votes
fabio marcelo April 30, 2012

Hi Nic,

Only I have access the database from JIRa here. For this reason i think weird the sequence number change automatically. The only thing different that i did was install the doors plugin and the gant chart plugin in Jira but i think that it not was the reason of problem in sequence number , right .

Have you ever seen it problem anytime ?

I need to guarantee for the users here that this problem

won t occur more.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Fabio

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2012

If you're the only one with SQL access and you didn't do it, and you can rule out your users adding batches of issues and then deleting them, then it must have been a script or code.

If you're the only admin, then you would know if you had run a script.

Equally, you'll know exactly what code has been added. You've said you installed two plugins. I happen to know the Gantt chart plugin doesn't really contain anything that would create even a single issue, let alone add and then remove hundreds, so it must be the Doors plugin that caused it. I'd suggest you raise this with the Go2Group - from what I know about it, it might be the plugin trying to do some sort of synch between your Doors and Jira, but I have to emphasise all I know about the plugin is what's on the plugin info page.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

It is certainly not expected from Doors plugin. If you see that the plugin causes this, feel free to raise a ticket with Go2Group as Nic suggested. The plugin developer will have a look.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

Maybe there were issues created with keys EBS-28 to EBS-149 and they got deleted?

There is a counter in the project table that is used to track the key.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2012

No idea why that would have changed, unless someone modified it in DB. If you have access logs enabled, maybe you can have a look there as well to see what was happening!

fabio marcelo April 27, 2012

Hi Jobin ,

Bu this happened with all projects . The id number was incremented in 120, 28 , aleatory numbers. I see the pcounter and they changed for any reason . Please could you help me in discover why this numbers was changed ?

Is It normal happen in JIra ?

Thanks in Advance

BR

Fabio

fabio marcelo April 27, 2012

This log will be the atlassian-jira.log ?

Can i send this log to you ?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Fabio

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2012

tomcat access logs. And please don't send the logs! I am replying when it is only a matter of typing few lines but definitely don't have time to spent on something else at the moment :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2012

I'm not sure the atlassian logs will tell you anything at all. Creating a batch of issues and deleting them are normal operations which won't be logged in there, so if it's been done that way, you will need the access logs as Jobin says.

If it were done in the database, then you'd need to look for access logs there. However, to do this safely and still have a working Jira, whomever did it would have had to have stopped Jira and restarted it after the change, so there may be a log of that somewhere, or their login. Depends on how you're logging access on the server (if at all)

Suggest an answer