Separate swimlanes for stories and bugs

Daniel Serodio December 6, 2012

When configuring a board, I can choose to "Base Swimlanes" on either Stories or Queries. I'd like to have both types at once: one swimlane for each story (containing their subtasks) and another swimlane for bugs.

Is is possible to do this in Greenhopper/Jira using queries?

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Joanna _Yahoo_ December 6, 2012

If I understand the question correctly, then the above answer will not work. If you create swimlanes using queries (JQL : issuetype=Story) and another one (JQL: issuetype=Bug), then you will end up with 3 swimlanes, like this:

Swimlane 1 - includes ALL stories

Swimlane 2 - includes ALL bugs

Swimlane 3 - includes ALL Sub-tasks of the Stories in Swimlane1 (or any other issue types)

What I believe the user is asking is this:

Swimlane1 = Story1 & Sub-tasks of Story1

Swimlane 2 = Story2 & Sub-tasks of Story2

Swimlane 3= Story3 and Sub-tasks of Story3

.... et etc

Swimlane X = ALL BUGS

Swimlane Y = Everything else

And in that case... it is unfortunately not possible currently.

Because even if you create Query = issuetype=Story or issuetype=Sub-task then it will lump ALL stories and ALL the sub-tasks of all those stories into that same single swimlane.

Joana, thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I want. I'll file a feature request.

Done. If you think this would be a useful feature, please vote for/comment on GHS-6895

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Good clarification on adding sub tasks to the jql

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

It can be done easily. JQL for first should include issueType = "Story" & for 2nd lane issueType = Bug. Both issueTypes need to be included in the board filter.

Suggest an answer