Sent notification in case one special field is updated?

As far as I understood:

The event "Issue Assigned" is fired in case the field "Assignee" is changed.

Because of the fact that we want to assign issues not only to users; we are using a custom field (type = group picker).

In case we fill / change only the group picker custom field the event "Issue Assigned" is not fired!? 

So my question is:

Is it possible to extend the event "Issues Assigned" to be fired also in case the assignment is done using a group picker field?

If this is not possible:

We already know, that in case the custom field is filled / changed the event "issue updated" is fired.

Using this event won´t help us!

Because we want a notification only in case the group picker field is set / changed; in case another field is changed there should not be a notifocation at all...

Thanks a lot for your help!

KR, Christian

1 answer

It's not possible to easily change "Issue assigned" event.

What I suggest is to create a common workflow transition connected to a screen containing only your group picker and raise a custom event connected to your custom email template.

Please also note that "Issue assigned" is not always raised, e.g. if you update more fields and assignee is one of them, there will be Issue Updated event raised.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks for the additional info on fireing of "issues assigned" event!

C WE it is possible to interegate the event object sent to the listeners in order to determine what field/s were modified. That hadn't been suggested, I just wanted to make sure you knew it was possible.

That sounds to me like being the perfect solution! Could you give some additional details?

sure....I'll post another answer tonight

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot