Sending notification to users I added in a custom field

Peter Jongsma June 2, 2022

Hi all,

I have created a custom field for "Reviewers", that accepts one or more user names as input. Our goal is to assign more than 1 colleague to review a certain design simultaneously. 

Is there a way to send these users a notification that they have been added to the ticket as a reviewer? (These users are not part of a 'fixed' group, the formation changes per ticket)

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Peter Jongsma 

You can achieve that by using events and the notification scheme. E.g. let's say that you need to add these reviewers during a transition. On that transition you would have a screen for the user to add all reviewers.

• You have to create a new event called e.g. "Notify Reviewers".
  • On the previous mentions transition, you would change the firing event to that new event
  • On the permission scheme (and if the permission is not shared, not that in the current situation it will be bad, but just to be careful) edit it and add the reviewers' custom field to get notification on that "Notify Reviewers" event.

Now, when you will transition this issue using this transition, then is the Reviewers field has any user, they will get a notification.

Let me know if that helps.
Alex

Peter Jongsma June 2, 2022

Thanks Alex! I simply forgot about that feature :(

It works like a charm!

Suggest an answer