Sending empty email notification from Jira.

caph@dsb.dk January 8, 2018

Hi.

Sending empty notification from Jira.

I have a need for sending mail notifications to external vendors when an issue is created, updated ect. But without sending any data or text. Only a notification telling the user that tells the user that his or her attention is required.

I there any plans on making Jira able to do so?

Br.

Carsten.

2 answers

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi caph@dsb.dk

It is possible to send ANY message (including empty) when issue is created using our plugin Raley Email Notifications .

Vlad

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hi Carsten,

If you're using Jira Service Desk, you can setup custom notifications easily.

If you're using Core, you can still edit default email templates but it's going to be challenging to have different templates based on different user types (external vs internal). Jira core is using a single template for all users so it would require velocity checks.

A lat but better solution in my opinion would be to use a plugin to handle that, it comes with a cost but can highly improve your emails experience (localization, conditions etc...). As an example (my favorite one), I would recommend Notification Assistant (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.notificationassistant/server/overview) but there are different options!

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer