Sending e-mail to the address entered in the issue collector

Andrei Neamtu January 4, 2013

Hello,

I've just started evaluating Jira and so far i think it's awesome. I've setup my projects to have issue collectors. I've made a single account called Feedback to manage all the issue collectors for all the projects.

What I was wondering was if I could send the ticket status or changes to the e-mail that was entered in the feedback form instead of the e-mail of the Feedback account.

Alternatively I would like to be able to share the entire ticket but not as a link to login to the platform, but as full details in the e-mail body.

Thank you.

Andrei

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

You are in OnDemand, so plugins are ruled out. You need to do something external to JIRA to achieve this. Use REST API, fetch issues using a filter and send emails based on the content. Some programming involved.

Andrei Neamtu January 4, 2013

Thank you for the reply. But out of couriosity, is there a plugin that can do what I need? If so, could you link me to it?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

I was thinking of script runner plugin to use a scripted custom field to extract the email id from the description. and also to use that custom field in the notification scheme. Should work, but need to test it before being sure.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2015

Hi @Andrei Neamtu, @Renjith [Atlassian]

You can send notifications based on E-mail data from JIRA IssueCollector using our plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/cloud/overview

Just specify message template and "Email or destination list" like this:
{{#issues}}{{issueCollector.email}}{{/issues}}

Notification to non-jira-user upon creation (or status transition) of issue are also possible with a JQL condition that you can setup yourself.

Enjoy!
Vladimir Horev

Suggest an answer