Sending attachments to server 1 to server 2

Swetha Bammidi October 6, 2016

Hi,

I was setting up Disaster Recovery with 2 nodes(master server and slave server)

I have configured master-slave replication(mysql) and connected one Jira server with master db and other with slave db.

So now the projects and issues created in master server those are reflecting in slave server(As these values comes from db).

In order to sync up JIRA data folder:

I have synced up home folder(data, plugins, logos, indexes) from master server to slave server using rsync

* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --delete -e ssh  /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/  jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/
* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --stats --delete -e ssh /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/logos/   jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/logos/
* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --stats --delete -e ssh /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/ jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/
* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --stats --delete -e ssh /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/  jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/

Have written above cron job in user specific contab. The avove commands sending data from master server to slave server.

Plugins ware reflecting in slave server(As Installed in master sever). But attachments were not reflecting in slave server. 

Please let me know what was the issue.

Regards,

Swetha

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2016

Are you sure the attachments are stored in one of those folders?

Swetha Bammidi October 7, 2016

yes Joe. The attachment folder is in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/ in both the servers and attachments are listed in 'attachment' folder

Swetha Bammidi October 7, 2016

On Master Sever: Added attachments to SAM-1 and SAM-2(Project = Sample)

After rsync ,

On slave server: when i do issue search project = Sample AND attachments  is not EMPTY

it showing those 2 issues SAM -1 and SAM -2 but attachments were not showing.

Note: Base url of both instances are different.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2016

Odd. I don't think the URL difference should affect it unless you use it as part of the path to the attachments in the JIRA attachment configuration.

Suggest an answer