Sending attachments to server 1 to server 2

Hi,

I was setting up Disaster Recovery with 2 nodes(master server and slave server)

I have configured master-slave replication(mysql) and connected one Jira server with master db and other with slave db.

So now the projects and issues created in master server those are reflecting in slave server(As these values comes from db).

In order to sync up JIRA data folder:

I have synced up home folder(data, plugins, logos, indexes) from master server to slave server using rsync

* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --delete -e ssh  /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/  jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/
* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --stats --delete -e ssh /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/logos/   jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/logos/
* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --stats --delete -e ssh /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/ jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/
* * * * *  /usr/bin/rsync -avzp --stats --delete -e ssh /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/  jira@ipaddress:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches/indexes/

Have written above cron job in user specific contab. The avove commands sending data from master server to slave server.

Plugins ware reflecting in slave server(As Installed in master sever). But attachments were not reflecting in slave server. 

Please let me know what was the issue.

Regards,

Swetha

1 answer

0 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Oct 07, 2016

Are you sure the attachments are stored in one of those folders?

yes Joe. The attachment folder is in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/ in both the servers and attachments are listed in 'attachment' folder

On Master Sever: Added attachments to SAM-1 and SAM-2(Project = Sample)

After rsync ,

On slave server: when i do issue search project = Sample AND attachments  is not EMPTY

it showing those 2 issues SAM -1 and SAM -2 but attachments were not showing.

Note: Base url of both instances are different.

Joe Pitt Community Champion Oct 07, 2016

Odd. I don't think the URL difference should affect it unless you use it as part of the path to the attachments in the JIRA attachment configuration.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

212 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you