Sending an email when the due date is near than 30 minutes before execution

Cedric_DEVAUX July 16, 2015

Hi,

Our support team needs to have an alert 30 minutes before the execution date/time ("Transport Planned Date" customfield) in the issue in order to avoid some issues.

So I imagine to create a JQL to check all issues approach the execution date/time - 30 min and after send email to users.

And after create a script to send email.

I try to use scripted JQL functions:

issueFunction in dateCompare("","'Transport Planned Date'=Now()+.0.0625*d")

But it doesn't work ...

1. I don't know if this the best way to have result.
  2. I don't know if it's the right syntax

Thank you for your help

Cedric

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul K July 16, 2015

Create a filter like 

createdDate > -30m

Then create a subscription for this filter with a cron expression to execute every 30 mins. This will send out email for all tickets created in the last 30 mins for every 30 min interval

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

That would be my approach as well, but you'd have to be careful with the 30 minute delay. Say your cron execution happens 31 minutes before the planned time for issue A, the filter is not going to contain the issue, and the next will trigger at T minus one minute only. You would have to either use a shorter delay and risk getting spammed with the same issues, or making sure your planned time falls on exact times (e.g your subscription runs at each 00 and 30 minutes of each hour, and your planned times are alway at 59 or 29, to maximize the warning time)

Suggest an answer