Sender email address is not being appended to Description field when processing emails into issues

Doug March 5, 2013

I have setup the Create Issue/Comment Service in Jira to process email from a specific address and create issues in our Jira. This works great except I have stipulated the reporterusername = {dummy user} flag and the instructions state that the 'from' email address will be appended to the Description field when creating issues or the Comment field when comments an issue. This is not happeneing. The issue is created and shows itself to be reported by the dummy user I have specified but there is not email address showing who the actual original sender was. Is there something else needing to be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

The Sender's email address should be included in the description or comment if the email address is not associated to any users in JIRA.

Thus, you might want to try:

• Enable Safe Mode (disable all user install plugin) and test if the feature works correctly this time
  • re-create the service

Suggest an answer