Send notifications to external email addresses?

Andrew Ransom October 28, 2013

Is it possible to send email notifications (e.g. on issue resolved, etc) to external addresses (i.e. non-JIRA users)? JIRA issues are submitted by select support team members, but it would be useful to be able to notify the original source of the issue.

Oops: Missed the initial option of saying this is for On Demand JIRA, not download/install.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2013

Not out of the box. You can send to a specific email, but it is static. It sounds like you want to put the person's email in a field and send to the contents of the field. You'd need a plug-in or script to do that. I don't know what plug-ins you're allowed in the On Demand and I thought you couldn't run scripts off a listener either.

0 votes
Yuliia Maidanova -Alpha Serve- March 18, 2020

Hello @Andrew Ransom 

Take a look at our Mail Me plugin. It allows you to send emails to external users right from the Issue Screen. You can create your own email templates, add comments and attachments to emails, as well as send emails in both text and html format. Hope my answer will be helpful!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hi @Yuliia Maidanova -Alpha Serve- 

Thanks for offering a potential solution here.  However I have to ask that you please review our Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace vendors and Solution Partners.  In it, we specifically ask that Marketplace vendors not revive threads older than 6 months (necroposting) for the sake of promoting their own products.

Furthermore, we would really appreciate it if you could change your public display name found on https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility to include your company name.  This helps other users to better understand who is offering advice/solutions to them. 

Thanks

Andy

Like Shanmukha likes this
0 votes
Łukasz Sadowski February 22, 2015

Hi, if you are still interest in sending mail notifications to external customer, you can use MailTask plugin. It allows to create mail templates which can contain information about JIRA issue.

0 votes
Andrew Ransom November 3, 2013

You're right Joe - this functionality is not available out of the box and definitely not on On Demand. I received a reply from support confirming this. They suggested that a workaround could be to send emails to (inactive?) JIRA users that are in the system but don't have access to the application.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question