Send notifications to custom email adresses

Coralie Fontaine November 24, 2013

Hi there,
I've tound a few questions/ansers related to my problem in this forum but I cannot manage to make it happen on my JIRA... I want some notifications email to be sent to email adresses that don't have a JIRA account.
I've granted the requested permission for anonymous browsing and anonymous Issue Creation, this far it's fine. I've created a new Custom Field where the Support Team can input the email adress of the external client. I would then like JIRA to send notifications to this Custom Field but it doesn't show on the "Add new notification" screen.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks for your help !

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013
0 votes
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2019

Have you tried External Share for Jira? It's useful because it offers a live view of Jira issues, without using up licenses, and makes it very easy to email issues to external users, while letting them get notified on changes, comment and add attachments too!

Let me know if this helps!

External share options.jpg

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2015

Hello,

You can use our plugin Jirassimo (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo) to send notifications to ANY email address. The email address might be dynamic as well, for example:

{{#issues}} {{#fields}} {{customfield_99999}} {{/fields}} {{/issues}}

Best,

Vladimir

Suggest an answer