Send notifications based on Role AND other criteria

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

I have a requirement to limit notifications only to people within a certain role, but not everyone in that role. For example, I want the Assignee to get an Issue Updated notification ONLY if they are in the Developers role. If the Assignee is in the Manager role, I don't want them to get a notification. Is this possible using Notifications scheme?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Qu3ntin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi,

What you want to do is: you are notify IF(you are assignee AND developper )

Permissions scheme works only with: you are notify IF(Value1 OR Value2)

For what I know, the only ways to do it automatically are:

• Notification by script with some addon
  • Notification by API

A workaround would be to:

• notify only watchers (and reporter if wanted)
  • In personal setting set disabled "Watch you issues" by Managers
  • In personal setting set enabled "Watch you issues" by Developers

Developers would watch all there issues and Manager should have to click on watch to be notify.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2018

Your understanding is the same as mine OR logic only. I was hoping for a way to get to the AND logic. Would be nice to have.

Suggest an answer